We have adopted the following convention in articles.
In the outline section only:
- Bold-face the names of bands and artists on first mention (except the one that the entry is about; their name is in the title already).
- Same with the names of collectives, e.g., Odd Future, Elephant 6, etc.
- Same with venue names.
- If you are writing about a band, do not bold face the members' names.
- Italicize the names of albums and songs.
- Don't use bold-faces or italics in the other field, e.g., If you like, Elevator pitch, etc.
Throghout the article.
- Link the names of any artist, label, festival, or venue mentioned in your entry to The Propaganda Site article if we have an entry for them.
- Link any mention of an instrument that the reader may not be familiar with, or any other esoteric reference to either its wikipedia site or something comparable.
- Note that not every field allows links. Those that do either have a link icon at the top or you can hit ctrl+k on the keyboard.